An award for the quintessential college, career, and job sites.
Quintessential Careers honors one career or job site each issue of QuintZine with the Quintessential Careers Site Award in recognition of quintessential efforts in helping job-seekers.
June 26, 2000: The Riley Guide
The Riley Guide, created by Margaret Riley Dikel, is one of the oldest and most respected career sites on the Internet. It’s a very good guide to job-hunting on the ‘Net. And Margaret plans to give the Guide a major overhaul this week (June 30 is the target date).
New major areas of the Riley Guide are slated to include:
- Prepare to Search: includes all career info, counseling info, help with the Internet. Careers, Union / Trade Assns., Counseling, Self-Assessment, Handling Job Offers, Internet Tools & Tutorials, Internet Email and ISPs;
- Resume Preparation: resume and cover letter info, Preparing Your Resume for the Internet;
- Doing the Research: Employer info. Info on relocation and choosing a location. Info on job trends. Employer Research, International Business Info, News, Business Rankings/Top Employers;
- Searching for Work: Job info, plus job search guides and interviewing/networking/references stuff. Margaret’s big article on “Using the Internet in Your Job Search” will be divided into 4 articles to cover the 4 job search activities. (Jobs, Research, Networking, Resume Prep and Distribution.);
- Information for recruiters.
See all our featured Quintessential Sites.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.