An award for the quintessential college, career, and job sites.
Quintessential Careers honors one career or job site each issue of QuintZine with the Quintessential Careers Site Award in recognition of quintessential efforts in helping job-seekers.
June 10, 2002: Researching Companies Online
Researching Companies Online is one of the best sites dedicated solely to company research. An excellent complement to our own Guide to Researching Companies, Industries, and Countries, Deb Flanagan’s company research tutorial offers some areas ours doesn’t offer, and vice versa.
The tutorial, recognized among the best Career Management sites by CareerXRoads, The Directory to Job, Resume, and Career Management Sites on the Web, presents a step-by-step process for finding free company and industry information on the World Wide Web.
Research areas covered enable job-seekers and others to:
- Locate High-Level Company Information
- Identify Telephone Numbers and Addresses
- Locate Company Home Pages
- Research Company Financial Information
- Monitor Company News and Periodicals
- Review Public Opinion
- Learn about an Industry
- Use Business and Financial Meta-sites
- Locate Professional Associations
- Find Conferences and Seminars
- Find Sales Prospects
- Research Nonprofit Organizations
- Identify International Business Resources
All of the sites described in the course offer FREE information.
See all our featured Quintessential Sites.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.