An award for the quintessential college, career, and job sites.
Quintessential Careers honors one career or job site each issue of QuintZine with the Quintessential Careers Site Award in recognition of quintessential efforts in helping job-seekers.
June 14, 2010: KODA
KODA, which calls itself the Opportunity Community, is a little like a cross between a social-media venue and a job board. The site gets its name from a Native American word that means “ally or friend.” The premise behind KODA is that young professionals have everything they need to launch their careers except for the networks that so many seasoned professionals count on. KODA strives to serve as a bridge to helpful networks.
From the site: “We’ve got hundreds of employers, from Fortune 500 companies to non-profits, looking to hire young professionals whose talents go beyond the traditional resume. When you create a profile, we’ll use that information to help you find the right employers, and to help them find you.”
KODA is intended to:
- Highlight skills, personality and life experiences;
- Enable users to share videos, images, and links to websites that showcase them in action;
- Help job-seekers learn about an organization’s culture and determine “fit” before applying for jobs;
- Discover job opportunities through KODA’s Explorer and Suggestion engine;
- Connect users directly with employer websites to apply;
- Facilitate sharing profiles, employer profiles, and job opportunities on Facebook and Twitter;
- Help job-seekers get discovered by recruiters who are looking for talented young professionals;
- Enable users to control privacy by deciding which information gets shared.
See all our featured Quintessential Sites.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.