An award for the quintessential college, career, and job sites.
Quintessential Careers honors one career or job site each issue of QuintZine with the Quintessential Careers Site Award in recognition of quintessential efforts in helping job-seekers.
March 18, 2002: JobCircle.com
On the surface, JobCircle seems to be of limited interest because it is targeted to IT professionals in Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, and New Jersey. But what really sets this site apart is a comprehensive content section, with loads of information in the following categories: The Career Coach, Online Training, Tech News Today, Educational Facilities, Training Centers, Societies and User Groups, Certification Information, Job Fairs and Trade Shows, Technology Stocks, Hi-Tech Snapshots, Career Change, College and Internships, Diversity, Entrepreneurship, Job Search, Workplace, and JobCircle Tech-Files.
And if you DO happen to be seeking an IT job in Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, or New Jersey, JobCircle offers:
- a comprehensive resume posting process.
- a hit counter that shows jobseekers how many times their resume has been looked at.
- unlimited Search Agents that alert job-seekers daily via e-mail when a job of interest has been posted.
- a Personal Control Center that allows job-seekers to apply for jobs, modify resume information, and change job-search status.
- an Auto-Apply feature for any classified ad through JobCircle.
- an events calendar with computer shows, job fairs, and trade shows.
- Employer Profiles on local IT organizations.
JobCircle has been rated one of the Best of the Best job-related Web sites by Gerry Crispen and Mark Mehler of CareerXRoads.
See all our featured Quintessential Sites.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.