An award for the quintessential college, career, and job sites.
Quintessential Careers honors one career or job site each issue of QuintZine with the Quintessential Careers Site Award in recognition of quintessential efforts in helping job-seekers.
August 18, 2003: Contact Point
Contact Point is a Canadian not-for-profit Web site dedicated to providing an interactive vehicle and professional resource to the career-practitioner community.
Contact Point’s features include:
- Quarterly newsletter (Contact Point Bulletin) and monthly e-circular (Flash)
- Free online access to the Canadian Journal of Career Development. Sample articles include:
- Employees’ Perceptions of Repatriation
- Mentoring and the World of Work: A Reference Model
- Using Portfolios to Direct Workplace Learning
- Career Decision-Making Difficulties of First-Year University Students
- The Learning section allows the user to customize the search vehicle by sorts, such as by region, categories, and dates.
- Networking live chats hosted by Contact Point related to specific users or followup chats about articles in the Bulletin, hosted online by the authors.
- Job Bank, a searchable listing of current jobs available in the field. Talent Bank contains a list of candidates who have posted a summary of their work experience and skillsets.
- Links to related professional associations and resource Web sites, listings of vocational assessment resources, and global professional development opportunities.
A new feature is “My Contact Point,” a unique tool that allows the practitioner to customize one’s own homepage, contribute content to the site; it makes available the Talent Bank, personal Career Portfolio, bookmarks, personal notes, and subscriptions.
See all our featured Quintessential Sites.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.