An award for the quintessential college, career, and job sites.
Quintessential Careers honors one career or job site each issue of QuintZine with the Quintessential Careers Site Award in recognition of quintessential efforts in helping job-seekers.
August 13, 2001: The Career Services Kiva
The primary (but certainly not the only) purpose of The Kiva, according to founder and producer Peter Vogt, “is to help college and university career services professionals learn about what their colleagues on other campuses are doing, particularly in the way of programming. Wouldn’t it be nice to learn about innovative programs that have worked elsewhere — programs you can then adapt to your own needs and implement on your own campus?”
In each monthly edition, The Kiva features two Innovative Career Services Programs — complete with details on how they were developed and implemented.
The Kiva also features:
- Research Briefs — Brief summaries of research on career development, particularly relating to college students, often from sources you might not normally include in your professional reading.
- In the News — News items related specifically to college students and new grads, careers, trends, and the world of work.
- Book Reviews — Reviews of books that are especially useful to career services professionals and/or the students they work with.
- For Your Students — Direct links to other sites Peter Vogt works on that are targeted at students.
- Professional Development — Links to Web sites about pertinent conferences, professional organizations, and the like.
- Career Services Jobs — A section with links to sites that can help you find a job in career services.
- Pete’s Column — Peter Vogt shares his musings and thoughts about college students, career development issues, and the career-services field.
See all our featured Quintessential Sites.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.