Also use the same verb form for all your bullet points describing your jobs. Notice the mix of simple present-tense verbs and -ing verbs (participles functioning as nouns, called gerunds) in this job-seeker’s current job:
- Solving problems and correcting processes to ensure quality service, satisfy customer needs, and assure that company’s interests and resources were efficiently utilized.
- Frequently deliver solutions to urgent, complicated issues thought to be impossible to resolve and earn the gratitude of dealers, sales field reps, and business partners.
- Providing excellent customer service, offering quality products and exceptional assistance for dealers; respond quickly to customer needs and requests.
- Fine-tuning processes and initiated clearer information sharing through new forms and communication tools.
- Improve communication and processes with shipping carriers; suggested warehouse process improvement to eliminate shipping errors; assisted in analyzing product need and frequency to forecast warehouse stock and ensure its adequacy for demand while reducing inventory without compromising availability.
- Aiding in developing and implementing dealer Web site that decreased incoming call volume because dealers can now place their orders online.
Printer-Friendly Version by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D. Want to push your job-search techniques to a higher level — even if only passively looking for a new job? Use the power…
QuintZine A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter Volume 02 Issue 02 ISSN: 1528-9443 January 15 2001 Editor’s Note: Freelancing/Consulting Issue Who among us hasn’t at least once during our careers felt…
Specific certifications and certification providers in the real estate industry Be sure to read our article, Certifiably Empowering: Hot Fields in Which Certification May Boost Your Career to learn more…
For a complete list of college, career, and job books, check out the Quintessential Careers Bookstore. For career books specifically dealing with using headhunters and executive recruiters, go to our…