So, if we wanted to identify keywords that would probably work for most pharmaceutical sales rep jobs, we might narrow the list down to:
- sales proficiency; aggressive, creative sales strategies; sales abilities
- team building, teamwork
- communicate effectively
- bachelor’s degree
- previous outside sales experience
- interpersonal skills
- organizational skills
- persuasion skills
- ability to understand and convey complex information
- customer-focused selling techniques
- informative sales presentations
- customer needs
Here’s how we might fashion those keywords into a concise, contextualized resume Professional Profile section that front-loads the resume with keywords, yet also attracts the human reader. Is it cheesy to use the exact words from ads in your resume? Nope. The more the words match, the more likely you will be to get interviews.
- Goal-oriented sales professional with bachelor’s degree in science field, and outside sales experience, proven sales proficiency, and expertise in aggressive, creative sales strategies.
- Enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry self-starter, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate knowledge of pharmaceutical market, customers, as well as pharmaceutical and competitor products.
- Results-driven achiever with strong organizational skills and the self-motivation and initiative to increase market share.
- Solid communicator with exceptional ability to deliver complex information in persuasive, informative sales presentations and education programs.
- Customer-focused closer with unsurpassed interpersonal and teamwork skills, along with ability to address customer needs.
Breakthrough Belief Strategies to Bust Up Limiting Beliefs, Bolster Confidence, and Bring Opportunity to Your Doorstep!
by Susan Britton Whitcomb, PCC, CCMC Henry Ford said, “If you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.” When it comes to job search or career transition,…
Page 17 Determine the most effective mix for you. Weddle recommends regular use of two general-purpose job boards and three niche sites — one in your career field, one in…
Our comprehensive Content Index enables you to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets related to industry-specific job-search topics. Read summaries of each piece of our content pertaining to industry-, job-function-specific…