So, if we wanted to identify keywords that would probably work for most pharmaceutical sales rep jobs, we might narrow the list down to:
- sales proficiency; aggressive, creative sales strategies; sales abilities
- team building, teamwork
- communicate effectively
- bachelor’s degree
- previous outside sales experience
- interpersonal skills
- organizational skills
- persuasion skills
- ability to understand and convey complex information
- customer-focused selling techniques
- informative sales presentations
- customer needs
Here’s how we might fashion those keywords into a concise, contextualized resume Professional Profile section that front-loads the resume with keywords, yet also attracts the human reader. Is it cheesy to use the exact words from ads in your resume? Nope. The more the words match, the more likely you will be to get interviews.
- Goal-oriented sales professional with bachelor’s degree in science field, and outside sales experience, proven sales proficiency, and expertise in aggressive, creative sales strategies.
- Enthusiastic, knowledge-hungry self-starter, eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate knowledge of pharmaceutical market, customers, as well as pharmaceutical and competitor products.
- Results-driven achiever with strong organizational skills and the self-motivation and initiative to increase market share.
- Solid communicator with exceptional ability to deliver complex information in persuasive, informative sales presentations and education programs.
- Customer-focused closer with unsurpassed interpersonal and teamwork skills, along with ability to address customer needs.
QuintZine A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter Volume 01 Issue 10 ISSN: 1528-9443 July 10 2000 Editor’s Note: Winners; Publication Schedule Note ANNOUNCING OUR SURVEY DRAWING WINNERS: Congratulations to the winners…
QuintZine A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter Volume 14, Issue 01 | ISSN: 1528-9443 | First Quarter: January 2013 What You’ll Find: Job-Hunting Annual Report Notes from the Editor Annual…
Q TIPS: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips Job-hunting tips from the September 30, 2002 issue of QuintZine. A job-search letter technique that can be effective during tough times…