Resumes and Cover Letter Samples
Get ideas for how to develop your own resume and cover letter by looking at these samples of fictionalized real new-grad resumes and cover letters:
- Chrono-functional resume with graphic: This chrono-functional new-grad resume uses a small, tasteful graphic to instantly convey the the grad’s desire to help coach softball at her alma mater.
- Chrono-functional marketing resume: This grad’s chrono-functional resume is sharply targeted toward a job in marketing.
- Chronological IT resume: This grad lists a number of relevant projects in his Education section. Note that he lists only his GPA in his major as it is higher than his overall GPA.
- Chrono-functional biotech/sales resume: Applying her academic scientific background to a job in the business sector is the goal of this new grad’s resume.
- Chronological investments resume: A new grad with unusually strong experience while in school makes the most of his finance background in his resume. See accompany cover letter below.
- International investments cover letter: The grad whose resume is above makes a strong case for his Unique Selling Proposition in his cover letter.
- Chrono-functional medical-equipment sales resume: With a degree in psychology, this grad includes a Medical/Health Care section in her chrono-functional resume to target it to pharmaceutical sales. See accompany cover letter below.
- Medical-equipment sales cover letter: Since the grad whose resume is above has no objective statement on her resume, her cover letter tells the employer what she seeks.
- Chrono-functional pharmaceutical sales resume: This grad makes the most of her sports experience, suggesting that her competitive drive will help her succeed in pharmaceutical sales.
- Chronological public-relations resume: This grad includes hands-on projects in her Eduction section and also includes a Teamwork/Leadership section. See accompany cover letter below.
- Public-relations cover letter: The grad whose resume is above uses her cover letter to convey her enthusiasm for public relations. Note that she makes a smart connection between her Spanish-language skills and the employer’s location.
- Chronological resume targeting health-and-wellness industry: This resume and the one below show how a new grad can make minor tweaks to a resume to target different types of jobs.
- Chronological resume targeting management position in health or hospitality: Here, the grad has included a slightly different chronology of jobs to show those most relevant to the type of jobs he’s targeting with this version of his resume. See accompany cover letter below.
- Healthcare consulting cover letter: The grad conveys his passion for the healthcare sector in his letter.
- Chronological management resume: This new grad lists her many honors, distinctions, and volunteer/extracurricular activities in a two-column format at the end of her resume.