In response to the types of questions below, take the employer through a success story illustrated in your portfolio.
- How do you determine or evaluate success? Give me an example of one of your successful accomplishments.
- What has been your most rewarding accomplishment?
- What is the most significant contribution you made to the company during a past job?
In response to the types of questions below, present artifacts that illustrate your decision-making skills.
- Give an example of a time in which you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision.
- Give me an example of a time you had to make an important decision. How did you make the decision? How does it affect you today?
- Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision, but didn’t have all the information you needed.
In response to the type of question below, show a project sample with the accompanying piece of written communication.
- Describe a time when you had to use your written communication skills to get an important point across.
In response to the types of questions below, walk the interviewer through the presentation, perhaps showing the PowerPoint slides you developed, visual aids you used, and photos of the actual presentation.
- What has been your experience in giving presentations?
What has been your most successful experience in speech making? Describe the most significant or creative presentation that you have had to complete.
In response to the type of question below, show an artifact that illustrates exceptional effort.
- Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.
QuintZine A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter Volume 14, Issue 01 | ISSN: 1528-9443 | First Quarter: January 2013 What You’ll Find: Job-Hunting Annual Report Notes from the Editor Annual…
Where job-seekers can go directly to the job/career/employment section of a specific employer’s Website. This alphabetical directory allows job-seekers to go directly to the employment section of the companies where…
Book Review: The Influence Edge From time-to-time, as we receive career-related and job-hunting books and other resources from publishers, the staff of Quintessential Careers will review them to help you…
Printer-Friendly Version by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. The end of the year is a good time to look back and assess what has worked for you and what hasn’t in the…