In response to the types of questions below, show artifacts representing the origins of your interest in your career, perhaps through a class, organization, project, or person.
- What will it take to attain your goals, and what steps have you taken toward attaining them?
- Describe what you’ve accomplished toward reaching a recent goal for yourself.
- Give me an example of an important goal that you had set in the past and tell me about your success in reaching it.
In response to the types of questions below, show artifacts that demonstrate the skills and accomplishments that are foundational to reaching your goals.
- What influenced you to choose this career?
- Why did you decide to seek a position in this field?
In response to the type of question below, show artifacts that demonstrate the skills and accomplishments that are keys to success in your chosen career.
- What do you think it takes succeed in this career?
In response to the types of questions below, take the employer through a success story illustrated in your portfolio.
- How do you determine or evaluate success? Give me an example of one of your successful accomplishments.
- What has been your most rewarding accomplishment?
- What is the most significant contribution you made to the company during a past job?
Q TIPS: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips Job-hunting tips from the June 26, 2000 issue of QuintZine. It’s no longer totally a man’s world in information technology. “It…
Q TIPS: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips Job-hunting tips from the September 24, 2007 issue of QuintZine. Do employers care what college you go to? In the accounting…
An award for the quintessential college, career, and job sites. Quintessential Careers honors one career or job site each issue of QuintZine with the Quintessential Careers Site Award in recognition…