More samples of company knowledge/admiration:
- I have been both an admirer and enthusiast of Birnbaum Investments’ many subsidiaries and its ongoing quest to introduce new products that both diversify and capture various aspects of the tourist industry. Birnbaum appears to be the company for future innovation in tourism in Barbados, and I know I can contribute to its continued success.
- Having been previously employed at Walt Disney World, I completely understand that customer satisfaction is the main priority in achieving success in the theme-park business. An organization that prides itself on effective recruiting and retaining, training, and managing its employees is best equipped to cater to consumer needs in today’s competitive arena.
- Parkerson Products’ commitment to hiring the best candidates is likely the reason for your first-rate reputation. I am convinced that I am the candidate who can contribute to Parkerson’s continued success. That’s the reason I am applying for the Product-Development Manager position that you advertised on Monster.com.
- Having studied Pinnacle’s achievements with admiration, I am aware that success at Pinnacle depends on the trainer’s ability to convince seminar attendees to enroll in in-depth training programs. I’ve used my talent for holding an audience’s attention to successfully sell household items every summer during my college years. Each summer, I surpassed my sales of the summer before and achieved the highest sales of any collegiate salesperson during the summer just passed.
- As a life-long animal lover, I was touched and inspired to read about VetMed’s recent success with medications to alleviate arthritis pain in dogs. I am extremely excited that, as a soon-to-be graduate in biology from the University of Tennessee, I am about to make my mark in the world of veterinary pharmaceutical research. I would most like to contribute to the research and development team at VetMed.
This type of story can be quite effective as the opening paragraph in your cover letter by grabbing the employer’s attention immediately:
- What person interested in working in the rental-car business wouldn’t want to bring motivation and talent to the industry leader? My family is extremely brand-loyal to your company, never having even considered renting from any of your competitors. I am very interested in working in this industry, and that’s why I’m applying for your manager-trainee vacancy.