Skill in working independently on a wide variety of complex issues and make quick decisions with a high degree of accuracy at various stages of review simultaneously: I have great respect for the value of working independently without supervision to increase the productivity of the entire department and company. As a contract attorney, for example, I perform all work independently during each stage of document review. Law firms hire me with the understanding that they will not have to oversee my work because I produce quality output. They also depend on me to proficiently perform all assigned functions of my job with minimal supervision of staff attorneys and partners.
Atkinson, Cliff: Free story-building templates and resources, as described in the book, Beyond Bullet Points Although the book is about PowerPoint presentations, the templates and resources can be useful for any kind of story-building).
- Bronson, P. (2002). What Should I Do with My Life? New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- Denning, S. (2001). The Springboard. Burlington, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Denning, S. (2004). Squirrel Inc.: A Fable of Leadership through Storytelling. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Denning, S. (2005). The Leader’s Guide to Storytelling. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Gargiulo, T. L. (2006). Stories at Work. Westport, CT: Praeger.
- Han, P. (2005). Nobodies to Somebodies: How 100 Great Careers Got Their Start. New York: Portfolio.
- Maguire, J. (1998). The Power of Personal Storytelling. New York: Tarcher/Putnam.
- Neuhauser, P. C. (1993). Corporate Legends & Lore: The Power of Storytelling as a Management Tool. Austin, TX: PCN Associates.
- Simmons, A. (2006). The Story Factor: Inspiration, Influence, and Persuasion through Storytelling. Cambridge. MA: Basic Books.
- Simmons, Annette. Developing “Who Am I/Why I’m Here” Stories
- Whitcomb, Susan Britton, (2003). Resume Magic. Indianapolis, ID: JIST.
Final Thoughts About Working Abroad In the end, whatever your reasons for wanting an international experience, the result will be to help further your career. Obtaining some international experience has…
Chapter 3: Building a Digital Presence Making Yourself “Findable” and Optimizing Your Presence for Search Engines – Page 37
Page 37 Thus, following is a roundup of examples of individuals with a well-branded digital presence for themselves or their businesses. How were these folks selected? After receiving numerous self-nominations,…
NEWS RELEASE: Flawed Applicant Tracking Systems Frustrate Job-Seekers and Contribute to the Skills Gap and Unemployment Crisis
Contact: Dr. Randall S. Hansen Quintessential Careers Email: randall(at)quintcareers.com January 28, 2013 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Leading career site Quintessential Careers unveils report examining issues presented by Applicant Tracking Systems and…