Skill in working independently on a wide variety of complex issues and make quick decisions with a high degree of accuracy at various stages of review simultaneously: I have great respect for the value of working independently without supervision to increase the productivity of the entire department and company. As a contract attorney, for example, I perform all work independently during each stage of document review. Law firms hire me with the understanding that they will not have to oversee my work because I produce quality output. They also depend on me to proficiently perform all assigned functions of my job with minimal supervision of staff attorneys and partners.
Atkinson, Cliff: Free story-building templates and resources, as described in the book, Beyond Bullet Points Although the book is about PowerPoint presentations, the templates and resources can be useful for any kind of story-building).
- Bronson, P. (2002). What Should I Do with My Life? New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
- Denning, S. (2001). The Springboard. Burlington, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Denning, S. (2004). Squirrel Inc.: A Fable of Leadership through Storytelling. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Denning, S. (2005). The Leader’s Guide to Storytelling. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Gargiulo, T. L. (2006). Stories at Work. Westport, CT: Praeger.
- Han, P. (2005). Nobodies to Somebodies: How 100 Great Careers Got Their Start. New York: Portfolio.
- Maguire, J. (1998). The Power of Personal Storytelling. New York: Tarcher/Putnam.
- Neuhauser, P. C. (1993). Corporate Legends & Lore: The Power of Storytelling as a Management Tool. Austin, TX: PCN Associates.
- Simmons, A. (2006). The Story Factor: Inspiration, Influence, and Persuasion through Storytelling. Cambridge. MA: Basic Books.
- Simmons, Annette. Developing “Who Am I/Why I’m Here” Stories
- Whitcomb, Susan Britton, (2003). Resume Magic. Indianapolis, ID: JIST.
How to Get Started on Your Resume: A Five-Step Primer for Established Job-seekers and Career-Changers
by Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. As an established job-seeker, you probably have a resume. Thus, getting started on the resume that will take you to the next rung in your career…
Book Review: Telecommuting Flex Success Proposal Blueprint From time-to-time, as we receive career-related and job-hunting books and other resources from publishers, the staff of Quintessential Careers will review them to…
Gettysburg CollegeCampus Box 4303Gettysburg, PA email@example.com Education: Bachelor of Arts, Gettysburg College, Gettysburg, PA, May 2008 Major: Digital Arts Minor: Marketing Specialization: Information Systems Experience: Director of Marketing, Web Solutions…
by Meg Guiseppi A great interview-generating executive resume is all about differentiating yourself from others competing for the same jobs. With constantly changing trends in strategic resume writing, new ways…