On-the-Job Storytelling Resources
- Brown, D. W. (2002). Organization Smarts. New York: AMACOM.
- Callahan, S. (2006, April 30). How to use stories to size up a situation.
- Callahan, S., Rixon, A, & Schenk, M. (2005, December). Avoiding change management failure using business narrative
- Clark, E. (2004. June 22). Storytelling for leaders
- Denning, S. (2001). The Springboard. Burlington, MA: Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Denning, S. (2004). Squirrel Inc.: A Fable of Leadership through Storytelling. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Denning, S. (2005). The Leader’s Guide to Storytelling. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Gargiulo, T. L. (2002). Making Stories: A Practical Guide for Organizational Leaders and Human Resource Specialists. Westport, CT: Quorum.
- Gargiulo, T. L. (2005). The Strategic Use of Stories in Organizational Communication and Learning. Armonk, NY: M. E. Sharpe.
- Gargiulo, T. L. (2006, January). Tell us a story. American Executive:
- Gargiulo, T. L. (2006). Stories at Work. Westport, CT: Praeger.
- Goman, C. K. (2005, Aug.). 12 questions for change communicators. Link&Learn eNewsletter.
- Goman, C. K. (2006, Jan. 9). What’s changed about change management? Communtelligence newsletter.
- Johnson, S. (2002). Who Moved My Cheese? New York: Putnam.
- Kahan, S. (2004). Clark, E. (2004. June 22). Every professional has stories to tell.
- Kotter, J. (2006, April 12). The Power of Stories. Forbes.
- Maguire, J. (1998). The Power of Personal Storytelling. New York: Tarcher/Putnam.
- McKay, H. (1998, June). Using story as strategy: Interview with David Barry, Ph.D..
- Neuhauser, P. C. (1993). Corporate Legends & Lore: The Power of Storytelling as a Management Tool. Austin, TX: PCN Associates.
- Peck, D. (2004, Aug. 23). Changing your story.
- Pink, D. (2006). A whole new mind: Why right-brainers will rule the future. New York: Riverhead Books.
- Quintessential Careers: Real World Section. New graduates tell stories of the change from being a college student to being a worker and describe positives and negatives of their first jobs.
- Richards, D. (2004). The Art of Winning Commitment: 10 Ways Leaders Can Engage Minds, Hearts, and Spirits. New York: Amacom.
- Simmons, A. (2006). The Story Factor: Inspiration, Influence, and Persuasion through Storytelling. Cambridge. MA: Basic Books.
Proof of Performance: Career Portfolios an Emerging Trend for Both Active and Passive Job-Seekers, Part 2
Value of Developing Career Portfolios by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D., and Katharine Hansen, Ph.D. [Part 2 of 7 of Career Portfolios: Proof of Performance] Both the recruiters and career professionals…
Questions and Answers with Career Expert Jennifer Warwick Please note: On a somewhat infrequent basis, Quintessential Careers asks noted career experts five questions related to their expertise and publishes the…
Career Journal for Job-Seekers Seeking New Jobs New Job-Search Module 5: The Importance of Understanding Employer Behavior This assignment is all about employers — understanding their behavior in a job-search,…