Recruiting experts cite venues that are moving beyond the standard experience that job boards have offered. Extensive job-seeker profiles are a hallmark of many of these sites, as is anonymity in which neither job-seeker nor employer know each other’s identity until there is mutual interest:
- Jobfox, which offers a “Mutual Suitability System,” using an in-depth question-and-answer format to learn about job-seekers’ experience, wants, and needs. Jobfox then presents candidates with only the opportunities that match. “Since employers using Jobfox participate in this same process,” the Jobfox site states, “you can be assured that they know you are well qualified for their position.
- Itzbig, where matching candidates to jobs also is the centerpiece. Itzbig calls itself a “real-time interactive recruiting network, providing a way for job seekers and recruiters to come together online.” The site uses “profile matching technology” to provide “a filtered set of qualified candidates to the recruiter and a filtered set of job matches to the candidate.”
- QuietAgent, which claims to “evaluate every job, every day, so you don’t have to.” The site notes that with QuietAgent, “recruiters use rich toolsets to get two-way private connections with quality candidates.”
- Climber.com, which helps job-seekers “understand yourself and reveal what types of jobs/companies you will best fit.” The Climber.com site states that it is “for people who are not necessarily actively looking for a new job, but rather who are open to recruitment by companies.” The site enables seekers to “connect anonymously to recruiters, research companies and salary information, and refer jobs to trusted co-workers and friends.”
- Jiibe uses scientific assessment technology, user-driven content and social networking, to help employees and jobseekers find corporate cultures that fit their values and style of work. Focused on the individual employee or jobseeker, Jiibe’s aim is to become a “corporate-culture marketplace” where users can hunt for the ultimate workplace.