Need a new resume? This new book is a planning guide for resumes. It breaks resumes down into their most basic components and tells what you need to know to craft each component into a compelling part of a stellar, attention-getting resume.
A step-by-step planning guide to ensuring that your resume is a sales pitch that conveys your distinctiveness, passion, and unique understanding of the business environment. The book shows how your resume can answer the employer’s question: Why you over any other candidate? Clearly, uniqueness is closely related to both branding and focus. If your resume conveys a sharp focus, as the book teaches, the reader can instantly visualize you in the position you seek. If your resume is branded, as the book advises, it immediately communicates your promise of value.
Table of Contents
Introduction: How to Use This Book
Chapter 1: Finding Your Resume’s Focus
- The Nitty-Gritty on Creating Your Resume’s Focal Point
- Resume Headline
- Resume Branding Statement
- Sample Resume Branding Statements With and Without Headlines
- “Objectiveless” Resume Objective
- Using a “Summary of Qualifications” or “Professional Profile” Section
- Focusing the Rest of Your Resume
Chapter 2: Building the Right Transferable Skills into Your Resume
Chapter 3: Brainstorming Accomplishments to Pump Up Your Resume
- Accomplishments vs. Duties/Responsibilities
- An accomplishments Section vs. Accomplishments Throughout the Resume
- Accomplishments-Rich Resume Addenda
- Tips for Presenting Accomplishments on Your Resume
- Sample Accomplishments-Rich Resume Bullet Points
Chapter 4: Picking Powerful Verbs for Your Resume
- Verb Guidelines
- Empowering Weak Verbs
- Powerful Verbs for Your Resume: Alphabetically
- Powerful Verbs for Your Resume: By Skill Areas
Chapter 5: Ensuring Your Resume Keywords Are on Target
- More Resume Keyword Tips and Cautions
- Ideas for Identifying Resume Keywords
Chapter 6: Putting the Pieces Together: A Resume Outline
Chapter 7: Planning a Standout Appearance for Your Resume
Chapter 8: Integrating Branding and that Extra-Special Touch
Chapter 9: Reviewing All the Elements and Ensuring Readability
About the Quick and Quintessential Books Series
Quintessential Careers has launched a new series of Kindle books that enables readers to cut to the chase. The series will cover a wide variety of career-advancement techniques, with a new guide published approximately every week. Get up to speed and succeed in a flash and propel your career, job-search success. You can digest the books in this series in about an hour.
The series does not require a Kindle; by downloading a Kindle app, readers can read the guides on a computer or mobile device, such as a phone or tablet.
See all our Quintessential Careers Press Projects.