This guide describes a job-seeker sales system that focuses on target-marketing employers and adapts the proven 7-step personal-selling process. Initial steps of identifying and narrowing the market are part of a classical 7-step selling process that also includes approaching employers, developing and proposing solutions to them, handling their objections, closing the sale, and following up.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Overview of 7-Step Selling and Why You Must Develop a Target Market of Employers in Your Job Search
Chapter 1: Generating Your Targeted Employer List
- Researching Employers
Chapter 2: Optimizing and Qualifying Your List of Employers to Narrow Your Target Market
- An Employers “Psychographics:” How to Uncover Corporate/Organizational Culture
- One Company’s Spin on Corporate Culture
- Researching Employers through Informational Interviews
- Final Checklist for Narrowing Your Targeted Employers List
Chapter 3: Approaching the Employer and Probing Needs
- The Approach — Before the Job Interview: Sleuthing Out Names
- From a Consultant: Tips for Identifying Hiring Managers
- The Approach — Before the Job Interview: Probing and Analyzing Employer Needs
- Sample Informational-Interviewing Needs Fulfillment Letter #1
- Sample Informational-Interviewing Needs Fulfillment Letter #2
Chapter 4: The Approach and Needs Analysis — When It’s in the Job Interview (the T and A Parts of GOTARZO)
- Tell Me … USP
- Next Step … Analyze Needs
Chapter 5: Revealing Storied Solutions
Chapter 6: Zapping Objections
- Overcoming Hiring-Manager Objections
- Common Objections Raised by Employers in Job Interviews
Chapter 7: Closing the Sale
- “Trial” or Soft Closings
- Harder Closings
- Hardest Closings
Chapter 8: + Follow Up
About the Quick and Quintessential Books Series
Quintessential Careers has launched a new series of Kindle books that enables readers to cut to the chase. The series will cover a wide variety of career-advancement techniques, with a new guide published approximately every week. Get up to speed and succeed in a flash and propel your career, job-search success. You can digest the books in this series in about an hour.
The series does not require a Kindle; by downloading a Kindle app, readers can read the guides on a computer or mobile device, such as a phone or tablet.
See all our Quintessential Careers Press Projects.