Real jobs for college graduates who major in marketing, advertising, retailing, or sales.
Note: This section of Quintessential Careers is an outgrowth of founder Dr. Randall Hansen’s book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Choosing a College Major Buy a copy today!
Explore your career choices in this section of Quintessential Careers, which provides you with real job titles and careers that correspond with specific college majors. While your degree is important, so too is what you major in while in college.
Job titles for graduates with marketing, advertising, retailing, or sales:
- Advertising Account Coordinator
- Advertising Junior/Assistant Account Executive
- Advertising Junior/Assistant Media Planner
- Advertising Research Assistant
- Advertising Junior Art Director
- Advertising Junior Copywriter
- Assistant Brand Manager
- Business Analyst
- Business Credit/Loan Administrator
- Catalog Sales Fulfillment Manager
- Club Marketing Manager
- Credit Analyst
- Customer Service Representative
- Development Officer
- Direct Marketing Specialist
- Distribution Assistant
- E-commerce Market Analyst
- Export Manager
- Event Planner
- Fund Raiser/Grant Writer
- Hotel Supplier
- Insurance Agent/Broker
- Internet Marketing Manager
- Management Trainee
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Merchandise Analyst
- Merchandising Manager
- Online Marketer/Sales Manager
- Packaging Specialist
- Property Manager
- Public Relations Assistant
- Purchasing Agent
- Real Estate Agent
- Retail Buyer, Assistant/Junior
- Retail Store Management Trainee
- Sales/Marketing Analyst
- Special Events Assistant
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Territory Marketing Coordinator
Your next step?
Majors home page: Return to the main page of What Can I do With a Major in…?
Enhance your career! Take advantage of all of our expert free career development advice, tools, and resources — including career assessments and career exploration — in our Career Resources Toolkit for Job-Seekers.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.