Here’s a collection of university career centers that have compiled “what can I do with a major in…” Websites, some of which are very useful.
Note: This section of Quintessential Careers is an outgrowth of founder Dr. Randall Hansen’s book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Choosing a College Major Buy a copy today!
Explore your career choices in this section of Quintessential Careers, which provides you with real job titles and careers that correspond with specific college majors. While your degree is important, so too is what you major in while in college.
Finding Information About Majors and Careers:
- Choosing a Major or Career — from the Career and Advisement Center at Austin Peay State University. You’ll find resources and handouts for researching and learning more about majors and careers.
- College Majors and Career Information — from the Career Services Office at Rutgers University. Each “major” profile summarizes the major and lists related occupations, typical employers, and examples of jobs obtained by recent and experienced graduates.
- Major Resource Kits — from the Career Service Center at the University of Delaware. A large collection of “kits” on a wide range of majors. Each kit includes a short description of the major, career paths, sample job titles, and a short bibliography of print and Web-based resource materials.
- Major Weblinks — from the Career Services Office at Northern Illinois Unviersity. The must-see part about this site is the links from major to jobs to job outlook information (from all sorts of great sources).
- What Can I do With a Major in…? — from the Ashland University. Also has some great resources, including career titles by major and links to major/career-specific Websites. Limited only by the majors offered by the school.
- What Can I do With a Major in…? — from at North Carolina State University’s University Career Center. These handouts include information on major, the skills you’ll develop, sample career titles, and more.
- What Can I do With a Major in…? — from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington. Some great resources, including career titles by major and links to major/career-specific Websites. Limited only by the majors offered by the school.
- What Can I do With a Major in…? — from the Office of Career Services at Georgia Southern University. These handouts, covering quite a few majors/careers, cover such topics as skills learned, type of work activities, occupational opportunities, and more.