Real jobs for college graduates who major in history or political science.
Note: This section of Quintessential Careers is an outgrowth of founder Dr. Randall Hansen’s book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Choosing a College Major Buy a copy today!
Explore your career choices in this section of Quintessential Careers, which provides you with real job titles and careers that correspond with specific college majors. While your degree is important, so too is what you major in while in college.
Job titles for graduates with history or political science degrees:
- Campaign Worker
- Chamber of Commerce Manager
- Community Relations Director
- Congressional Aide
- Consumer Advocate
- FBI/CIA Agent
- Foreign News Correspondent
- Government Intelligence Analyst
- Government Official
- Historic Preservation Specialist
- Historic Site Administrator
- Historic Site Tour Guide
- Historical Society Staff Member
- International Organization Official
- International Relations Specialist
- International Trade Specialist
- Labor Relations Specialist
- Market Research Analyst
- Military Officer
- Movie/Television Historical
- Museum Curator
- Peace Corps/VISTA Worker
- Political Consultant
- Political Scientist
- Protocol Specialist/Foreign Service Officer
- Public Administrator/Manager
- Public Opinion Interviewer
- Public Relations Specialist
- Research Assistant
- Survey Worker
- Teacher, Social Studies
Your next step?
Majors home page: Return to the main page of What Can I do With a Major in…?
Enhance your career! Take advantage of all of our expert free career development advice, tools, and resources — including career assessments and career exploration — in our Career Resources Toolkit for Job-Seekers.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.