Struggle no longer if you’ve been trying to find real jobs for graduates of specific college majors. This section of Quintessential Careers provides you with real job titles and careers for students who major in just about any major.
Note: This section of Quintessential Careers is an outgrowth of founder Dr. Randall Hansen’s book, The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Choosing a College Major Buy a copy today!
Explore your career choices in this section of Quintessential Careers, which provides you with real job titles and careers that correspond with specific college majors. While your degree is important, so too is what you major in while in college.
Real Jobs for Real Majors
What can you do with your college major? It depends. You’re completing one of the most important steps right now — conducting research. While your college degree is the most important goal, a major can play an important role in helping provide you with direction toward a successful career. By choosing a college major because of specific job opportunities, you can then gain valuable experience while in college that should also help you decide if that major and career are right for you.
Finally, remember to use all the resource available to you, including all the free resources right here at Quintessential Careers, including:
- Career Exploration Tools and Resources
- College Planning Resources
- College Student/College Graduate/Entry-Level Job-Seeker Articles
- College Student, Recent Grad: Career and Job Resources
What Can I do With a Major in…:
Careers in the Arts:
- The Visual Arts (Art, Art History, Photography, Film Studies)
- Design (Digital, Graphic, Fashion, Interior, Architecture)
- English, Journalism, and Communications Studies
- Foreign Language
- Performing Arts
Careers in Business:
- Accounting, Finance, and Economics
- International Business
- Management, Entrepreneurship, and Hospitality
- Marketing, Advertising, Retailing, and Sales
- Real Estate
Careers in the Sciences:
- Agriculture, Biology, and Life Sciences
- Environmental Science, Wildlife and Forestry
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Geography, Geology, and Geophysics
- Physics and Astronomy
Careers in Service to People:
- Education (Teacher)
- Health Services
- Exercise Science and Recreation & Leisure Studies
- Pre-Med and Pre-Pharmacy
Careers in the Social Sciences:
- History and Political Science
- Math and Computer Science
- Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology
- Criminology and Pre-Law
Enhance your career! Take advantage of all of our expert free career development advice, tools, and resources — including career assessments and career exploration — in our Career Resources Toolkit for Job-Seekers.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.