Warning Signs of an Impending Restructuring Layoff
Here are some hints — key warning signs — that your job may be in jeopardy because of problems within the organization that will lead to a restructuring.
- There are major changes at the executive level of the organization
- Senior management staff sell large quantities of company stock
- The organization announces a hiring freeze
- The organization reports massive losses in sales and/or profits
- There are rumors of impending organizational restructuring
- There are rumors of impending “rightsizing” or “downsizing”
- Executives and managers are now seen always meeting behind closed doors
- Major projects are “shelved” or completely shutdown
- Top performers and key employees are leaving the organization
- Department budgets (including travel and expense accounts) are cut dramatically
- New rules are implemented about “essential” and “non-essential” activities
- Major clients drop your organization for a competing firm
- The organization is facing a major cash crunch and not paying vendors
- The organization is in negotiations to acquire or merge with another company
- The entire industry is in trouble
- The corporate rumor mill is all people can focus on at work
Return to the start of the Rebounding After a Layoff Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.