Warning Signs of Performance-Related Layoff
Here are some hints — key warning signs — that your job may be in jeopardy due to (or perceptions of) your current performance and attitude on the job.
- You have been put on probation for poor performance or violation of company policies
- You have had one or more average (or worse) performance reviews
- You have gotten substandard raises (compared to co-workers)
- Your boss has been on your case about your performance on the job
- You now have to clear all decisions you make with a co-worker or your boss
- You seem to be out of the loop on major decisions facing your department
- You’ve been criticized for taking too much vacation, personal, or sick days
- You’ve lost the rapport you used to have with your boss and your relationship is now strained
- You’ve been demoted or lost other key clients or decision-making powers
Return to the start of the Rebounding After a Layoff Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.