Returning to the Job Market: Job-Search Success
When the rumors are finally over and the dust has settled and you have left your previous employer, it’s time to look to your future.
A checklist for preparing to return to the job market (with details to follow on the remaining pages of the tutorial):
- Take a break/retreat
- Examine your accomplishments, skills, and strengths
- Develop a clear career goal around your interests and passion
- Pursue any additional training, education, certifications you may need
- Obtain additional experience if needed for career change
- Finalize job-search materials
- Conduct job interview prep
- Establish daily and weekly job-search goals
- Maximize networking opportunities
- Uncover job leads
- Prepare for rejection
- Maintain positive attitude
- Stay connected
- Follow-up all job-search activities
- Review salary negotiation techniques
- Make a great first impression at the new job
Return to the start of the Rebounding After a Layoff Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.
Stay up to date with the latest salary information form LiveCareer’s Salary Calculator!