How can you prepare for the interview BEFORE you go in to meet the employer?
- Figure out as much as possible about the employer’s needs.
- Find out more than the average interviewee about the company and the hiring manager’s concerns.
- Compose answers to frequently asked interview questions. Check out these interview question collections.
- Rehearse answers to those questions.
- If you have an opportunity to do practice interview, such a mock interview, do it.
- If you have opportunity to be videotaped, do it.
- DO NOT rehearse canned answers out of books. Interviewers have heard them all.
- Transferable Skills: Be sure to point out your transferable skills, with examples that are not always evident from your work experience or education.
Go to Job Interviewing Tutorial for Job-Seekers Home Page
Go to Job Interviewing Tutorial for Job-Seekers Site Map
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.