Job Action Day 2010 is all about emphasizing the importance of creating opportunity in the new world of work — of helping you move your career and/or job-search forward.
Job Action Day is a day for all job-seekers and workers to take stock of their situations and make plans and/or take action steps to improve their careers.
As the unemployment crisis slogs on, it’s clear that the new world of work involves far fewer full-time, permanent jobs with benefits than in the past. Job Action Day 2010, the third-annual initiative spearheaded by Quintessential Careers, addresses this new world of work by exhorting job-seekers to look at innovative ways to create opportunity — and move their careers forward.
The articles and blog entries related to Job Action Day give both workers and job-seekers information, ideas, and concrete steps that you can take to secure your futures — both in the short-term and in the long-term.
Job Action Day 2010 Articles
- Welcome to the Age of Protean Careers: Encouraging Workers and Job-Seekers to be Proactive in a Transformational Workplace
- Job Targeting: A Better Way (than Job Boards) to Create Opportunity for Yourself
- Avoid Career Myopia and Create Your Opportunity for Freedom
- Creating Opportunity in the Nonprofit Sector
- Creating Opportunity by Knowing Yourself: Career Assessments for Lifetime Career Management
- Creating Opportunity for Full-Time Hire
- Accelerate Executive Job Search With Personal Branding
- Are You a S.M.A.R.T. Worker? Career Strategies to Make You More Valuable at Work
- Five Tips To Create Opportunity Without Quitting Your Job
- Don’t Let Fear Scare You Out of a New Job
- How to Finance Your Career Reinvention
- Breakthrough Belief Strategies to Bust Up Limiting Beliefs, Bolster Confidence, and Bring Opportunity to Your Doorstep!
- Creating Opportunity Through Your Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Backdoor Job Search: Create Opportunity by Being Your Own Headhunter
Job Action Day 2010 Participating Blogs
Reinforcing the Job Action Day message is this group of bloggers dedicating blog entries on or around Job Action Day 2010 to the event. The first four represent the Quintessential Careers family of blogs:
- Quintessential Careers Blog
- Career Doctor Blog
- Quintessential Resume and Cover Letter Tips Blog
- A Storied Career
- Deborah Brown-Volkman: Surpass Your Dreams
- Susan Guarneri, Career Assessment Goddess
- Wendy Terwelp, Rock Your Career
- Laura Labovich, Aspire! Empower!
- Heather Krasna, Heather Krasna’s Public Service Career Blog
- Meg Guiseppi, Executive Career Brand
- Willy Franzen, One Day One Job
- Maggie Mistal, Career Advice Blog
- Deborah Shane, Deborah Shane Toolbox
- Debra Wheatman, Careers Done Write Blog
- Darrell Gurney, Career Guy Blog
- Steven Rothberg, CollegeRecruiter.com Blog
- Miriam Salpeter, Keppie Careers
- The Career Management Alliance Blog
- Stephen Hinton, Hinton Human Capital Blog
- Jason Alba, JibberJobber Blog
- Rich Milgram, EmploymentMetrix Blog
- Barbara Safani, Career Solvers Blog
- Hannah Morgan, Career Sherpa
- David Couper, David Couper Blog
Read the Job Action Day 2010 News Release.
Go back to Job Action Day… or to the Job Action Day Website.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.