Job Action Day 2009 is all about emphasizing the bright spots in so-called “jobless recovery.”
Job Action Day is a day for all job-seekers and workers to take stock of their situations and make plans and/or take action steps to improve their careers.
While the economy is showing signs of recovery, indications that the recovery will continue to be “jobless” casts a pall over hopes for a full bounceback. Job Action Day 2009, the second annual event spearheaded by Quintessential Careers, addresses the jobless recovery by spotlighting promising areas in which the unemployed and other job-seekers may find opportunities.
The articles and blog entries related to Job Action Day give both workers and job-seekers information, ideas, and concrete steps that you can take to secure your futures — both in the short-term and in the long-term.
Job Action Day 2009 Articles
- 10 Things (Activities) You Can Do Today for Your Job Search
- Job-Search Tips for a Changed Economy: How to Succeed in the “New Normal”
- Getting a Job in a Down — But Stimulated — Economy
- In a Down Economy, Maybe Career Reinvention is in the Cards
- It’s Green at the Top and at the Bottom: A Brief Comparison of Green-Related Skills Needs From the Senior-Executive Level to the Entry Level
- Green Jobs and Green Careers Embrace Many Possibilities
- A Crash Course in How to Apply for Federal Employment
- Turn Unemployment into Self-Employment: 5 Tips on How to Start
- Economic Downturn Can Give Birth to Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Job Action Day 2009 Participating Blogs
- Quintessential Careers Blog
- Career Doctor Blog
- Quintessential Resume and Cover Letter Tips Blog
- A Storied Career
- Deborah Brown-Volkman/Surpass Your Dreams: 2nd Annual Job Action Day
- Susan Guarneri: Career Goddess: Second Annual Job Action Day
- Chandlee Bryan/Best Fit Forward: The Emerging Professional, Where the Green Jobs Are
- Hannah Morgan/Career Sherpa: Why Our Job Search Advice is the Same but Different
- Heather Mundell/Life@Work: Green Jobs — What They Are and How to Find Them
- Miriam Salpeter/Keppie Careers: Optimize your job hunt for today’s economy
- Rose Vargas/Resume Writing Blog: Creating Prints: Are You Evolving Into The On-Demand Professional of Tomorrow?
- Dawn Bugni/The Write Solution: Your network IS your net worth
- Maggie Mistal’s Career Advice Blog
- Barbara Safani/ CareerSolvers: Where the Jobs Are: 2009 and Beyond
- Jacqui Barrett-Poindexter/Career Trend’s Blog: You Can Thrive In, Not Just Survive, an Economic Slogging
- The Career Management Alliance Blog: Career Management Alliance Members Celebrate Job Action Day
- Rosalind Joffe/Working With Chronic Illness: Preparedness: It’s Not Just for Boyscouts
- Deb Wheatman/TheCareerDoctor: Plan B from outer space; or what do you have in case your first plan doesn’t work out?
- Erin Kennedy/Professional Resume Services: Cutting Edge Job Search Blueprint
- Gayle Howard/The Executive Brand Blog: Today’s Enlightened Jobseeker
- Grace Kutney/Sweet Careers Consulting: Securing Your Career While Navigating the Winds of Change
- Heather R. Huhman/heatherhuman: Take Action: 10 Steps for Landing an Entry-Level Job
- Laurie Berenson/Sterling Career Concepts: Making lemonade out of lemons: Turn unemployment into entrepreneurship
- Meg Montford/Career Chaos: Job Action Day: Finding Your “Mojo” after Layoff
- Wendy Terwelp/Rock Your Career: Entrepreneurship after downsizing
- GL Hoffman/What Would Dad Say? The Life of An Entrepreneur: Is It for You?
- Willy Franzen/One Day, One Job: Entrepreneurial Job Search ‘ Job Action Day 2009
Read the Job Action Day 2009 News Release.
Go back to Job Action Day… or to the Job Action Day Website.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.