Job Action Day 2008 is all about facing the realities of the global economic meltdown and taking action steps to protect your job, build your career.
Job Action Day is a day for all job-seekers and workers to take stock of their situations and make plans and/or take action steps to improve their careers.
There is no question that the U.S. economy — and economies around the globe — are hurting. Companies announce retrenchments, mergers, and layoffs on a daily basis. No job is safe in these situations, but there are also may opportunities for hiring and promotions — under the right conditions and with the right strategies.
The articles and blog entries related to Job Action Day give both workers and job-seekers information, ideas, and concrete steps that you can take to secure your futures — both in the short-term and in the long-term.
Job Action Day 2008 Articles
- How Secure is Your Job? A Job Jeopardy/Layoff Assessment from Quintessential Careers
- Is Your Job in Jeopardy? Impending Layoff Warning Signs
- Developing Your Job/Career/Life Survival Plan: Preparing for the Possibility of Losing Your Job in Weak Economic Times
- Silver Linings in a Financial Meltdown: How Workers and Job-Seekers Can Make the Best of a Bad Economy
- Job-Search Advice for College Seniors and Recent College Grads: Job-Hunting in Times of Uncertainty
- Attacking the Job Market and Workplace Proactively in Tough Times: A Roundup of Expert Advice
Job Action Day 2008 Participating Blogs
- Quintessential Careers Blog
- Career Doctor Blog
- Quintessential Resume and Cover Letter Tips Blog
- A Storied Career
- Alexandra Levit: Alexandra Levit’s Water Cooler Wisdom
- Barbara Safani: CareerSolvers
- Career Manangement Alliance Blog
- Curt Rosengren: The M.A.P. Maker [Meaning Abundance & Passion]
- Darrell Gurney: In The Line of Hire
- Dave Rigotti: Career Fire
- Deborah Brown-Volkman: Surpass Your Dreams
- Diane Danielson: THE WOMEN’SDISH with Diane & Friends
- Jacob Share: JobMob
- Jason Alba: Jibber Jobber Blog
- Lindsey Pollak: Lindsey Pollak Blog: Career Advice & Commentary
- Louise Fletcher: blueskyresumesblog
- Maggie Mistal: what if…
- Miriam Salpeter: Keppie Careers
- Rich Milgram: EmploymentMetrix.com
- Steven Davies: JobPerfect Job Search Techniques
- Steven Rothberg: CollegeRecruiter.com Blog
- Wendy Terwelp: Rock Your Career
- Willy Franzen: One Day, One Job
Read the Job Action Day 2008 News Release.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.