1. How would you describe yourself?
2. Please describe the ideal job for you following graduation.
3. At what point did you choose this career?
4. If you could do so, how would you plan your college career differently?
5. What motivates you to put forth you greatest effort?
6. Given the investment our company will make in hiring and training you, can you give us a reason to hire you?
7. What do you expect to be doing in five years?
8. Have you ever had difficulty with a supervisor or instructor? How did you resolve the conflict?
9. What personal weakness has caused you the greatest difficulty in school or on the job?
10. What level of compensation would it take to make you happy?
11. What are your standards of success in school? What have you done to meet these standards?
12. Give examples of your experiences at school or in a job that were satisfying. Give examples of your experiences that were dissatisfying.
13. By providing examples, convince me that you can adapt to a wide variety of people, situations, and environments.
14. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle the situation?
15. Tell me about a time you had to handle multiple responsibilities. How did you organize the work you needed to do?
16. Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision, but didn’t have all the information you needed.
17. What is the biggest mistake you’ve made?
18. Give me a specific example of something you did that helped build enthusiasm in others.
19. Give me a specific example of a time when a co-worker or classmate criticized your work in front of others. How did you respond? How has that event shaped the way you communicate with others?
20. Give me a specific example of a time when you sold your supervisor or professor on an idea or concept. How did you proceed? What was the result?
Want a list of these mixed interview questions? Click on this link to open a new browser window with just the questions: 20 Mixed Job Interview Questions for College Students/Recent Grads.
Go back to the Quintessential Careers Job Interview Questions Database.