Preparing for Your First Job After College
Preparing for Your First Job: Stuff You Need to Accomplish Before You Start the Job
This step is all about all the things you need to do once you have the job offer and before you start your job.
Decisions you need to make… questions you need to answer:
- Your living situation.
- Where are you going to live?
- Are you going to live alone or with friends or relatives?
- Are you going to rent or buy (or live somewhere for free)?
- What kind of monthly housing payments can you afford?
- Are you going to drive to work?
- Do you need a new (more reliable) car — and can you afford it?
- Can you join or form a carpool?
- What public transportation options are available?
- Can you walk or bike to work?
- Are you certain about the dress code at your place of employment?
- Do you need to expand your selection of professional attire?
- How much can you afford to spend on upgrading your wardrobe?
- Have you asked for any materials to read before you start working?
- Do you need to complete any sort of testing or other assessments before starting?
- Have you mastered all the information from the organization’s Website?
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.