From time-to-time, we publish interesting and informative stories from the readers of QuintZine, our biweekly e-zine… people who obtained a job in an unusual way… whose career path has been out of the ordinary… who’ve held one or more unusual jobs… whose job search has been especially troublesome, inspirational, or remarkable. Some of these empowering career stories come from our sister site, 10CareerStories.com.
- Elizabeth Lowery: Twenty-something worker, who — a year ago searched for meaning in her career — and today has not only found it but is helping other young people with their careers.
- Sean Rowland: Soon-to-be MBA grad searches for his next career and job move in this empowering career story.
- Mary: Baby-boomer recareering story… a baby boomer who is struggling to decide among several options for the next step in her career
- Allen: Downsized worker, who — though semi-retired — would still like to leverage a lifetime of experience into a new career at age 63.
- KC: Homemaker who is trying hard to return to the workforce — but a 26-year employment gap and lack of college degree stand in her way.
- Simon Malian: Intergenerational adviser climbs success ladder and establishes charitable foundation at an early age.
- Kerri Laman: Having the courage to be at the right place at the right time pays career dividends for blind-from-birth Kerri Laman.
- Jim Runka: Networking propels rock-star wanna-be from the Canadian Rockies to successful career in Australia.
Quintessential Career Profiles features visitors to Quintessential Careers who have interesting career stories to tell. Did you obtain a job in an unusual way? Has your career path been out of the ordinary? Have you held one or more unusual jobs? Has your job search been especially troublesome, inspirational, or remarkable? We’d like to tell your story. Tell us a little about your career saga, and we may contact you for a full profile. Write us at kathy(at)quintcareers.com and let us know about you.
Have you seen all our Career Storytelling Tools for Job-Seekers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.