Questions That Job-Seekers Can Ask Recruiters at Career Fairs
Just as with any interview situation, you should always prepare a few questions to ask the recruiters you meet at career fairs. You won’t always be able to ask them, but asking questions demonstrates your interest, so it is always a good decision to have a few thoughtful questions to ask. (And you never want to be in a decision where you are asked if you have any questions and you decline.)
One other point. Don’t ask really obvious questions or questions you could easily answer from visiting the organization’s Website.
So, what are the types of questions you should ask?
- Can you describe a typical day for someone in this position?
- Why did you choose this career?
- Can you describe the company’s management style?
- What do you think is the greatest opportunity facing the organization in the near future? The biggest threat?
- Why did you come to work here? What keeps you here?
- What are the traits and skills of people who are the most successful within the organization?
- What changes do you anticipate in the organization?
- Are new employees assigned mentors?
- Is travel expected for this position. If yes, how often and how long.
- When can I expect to hear from you again?
These questions should be plenty, but if you want to see even more, go to this page of Quintessential Careers: Questions You Can Ask at the Job Interview.
Lost? Check out the Map to the Career/Job Fair Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.
Find qualified candidates and post jobs for FREE with Job Tap Recruit