Key Facts to Remember About Career Fairs
Here are some key facts to remember about career fairs — for job-seekers, networkers, and internship-seekers.
Key Facts for Job-Seekers:
- Don’t leave the fair without a few job leads
- Your goal should be to get to the next step with as many prospective employers as possible, either testing or an interview
- Follow-up is essential; be professional, but do the follow-up
Key Facts for Networkers:
- Don’t leave the fair without a fistful of business cards and the sense that you established solid rapport with a number of people
- Making contacts and building relationships is your mission
- There’s less pressure on you, so you should be able to get more accomplished at the fair in achieving your goals
Key Facts for Internship-Seekers:
- Don’t leave the fair without some solid leads on potential internships
- Always ask about internships, even if the fair literature says they are just hiring full-time
- At this stage, going to as many career fairs as possible to learn how to work is essential to current and future success
Lost? Check out the Map to the Career/Job Fair Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.