Offering expert answers and solutions to common job-seeker problems, questions, predicaments. Part III: The third set of 10 Career Doctor questions and answers.
by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D.
I have now been involved in writing my career advice column, Ask the Career Doctor Blog, for more than a decade, and in that time I have received thousands of emails from all types of students, job-seekers, and career counselors — from teens struggling with part-time work or choosing a college to older workers fighting age discrimination — and everything and everyone in between!
From all of these email questions seeking advice, I offer you my list of the third set of 10 of the most common career, college, and job-hunting ailments I get asked about — and my expert cures and remedies.
Finally, as you read these questions and answers, please remember that while I believe I offer the best advice to these questions, you should always seek multiple opinions to your job-hunting problems. . . so, please take my free career advice to heart, then take two aspirins and begin your job-search anew in the morning!
10 Common College, Career, Job Questions Faced by Students, Job-Seekers
- What kinds of jobs are there out there for teens — and how can I find one?
- How do I go about choosing a college major?
- How should I deal with an employer’s request for a salary history or salary requirements?
- How do I go about getting the best salary… the best job offer?
- What are the key elements and rules of resumes today?
- Do I really need to write thank-you letters to employers?
- How important is follow-up in my job-search?
- Should I moonlight — get a second job — and how do I go about doing it?
- I’ve heard of something called informational interviews. What are they and why should I do them?
- Why is the concept of corporate culture important to job-seekers — and how do I go about understanding it?
If your situation is not one of these 10 common career and job-hunting problems — please check out all 50 of my Career Doctor’s Cures & Remedies to Quintessentially Perplexing Career and Job-Hunting Ailments.
See a list of all the most common college, career, and job questions asked of the Career Doctor — and Dr. Hansen’s solutions.
Dr. Randall S. Hansen is a nationally recognized career and job-search expert. He is founder of Quintessential Careers, one of the oldest and most comprehensive career development sites on the Web, as well CEO of EmpoweringSites.com. He is also founder of MyCollegeSuccessStory.com and EnhanceMyVocabulary.com. He is publisher of Quintessential Careers Press, including the Quintessential Careers electronic newsletter, QuintZine. Dr. Hansen is also a published author, with several books, chapters in books, and hundreds of articles. He’s often quoted in the media and conducts empowering workshops around the country. Finally, Dr. Hansen is also an educator, having taught at the college level for more than 15 years. Visit his personal Website or reach him by email at randall(at)quintcareers.com. Check out Dr. Hansen on GooglePlus.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.