Strategies for Enhancing Your Career Brand
So, now that you know your Google rating, your next step should be developing a plan to enhance it further.
Of course, the best way to enhance your ranking is having a greater Web presence.
Some strategies for enhancing your career brand:
- Write articles in your field for online publication. (Either through traditional media which also publish their print publication online, online publications, or published on your personal Website.)
- Become an expert. If you do not have the time or talent to write entire articles, focus your efforts on being quoted as an expert in your field.
- Develop a career marketing Website for yourself — focused around your career branding statement and including all or parts of an online portfolio.
- Join and make intelligent contributions to online discussion groups in your profession. But before you get started, read these Online Discussion Group Networking Etiquette Do’s and Don’ts
- Create a blog. Blogs are the “in” thing these days, and blogs are being created at an amazing rate. Writing a daily/weekly blog that showcases your knowledge and insights is another way to build your online presence. Read Ten Reasons Why Blogging is Good For Your Career.
- Participate in online networking sites. Learn more here: Maximizing Online Social Networking. See also, Tools for Networking on the Internet.
Finally, if your Google search turns up any negative information about you, your first step should be to remove all of it as quickly as possible — even before starting any of these brand enhancement strategies.
Return to the main page of the Career Branding Tutorial.
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.