Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|Career and Job-Hunting Blog Index|
|April 1, 2009|
Finding a job in this economy is possible, but it takes a smart job-search approach combined with hard work and persistence.
As we stress in many of our articles and tutorials, job-seekers who truly want or need to find a new job must break bad habits or misconceptions — moving beyond the general job boards that are a waste of your time and efforts and concentrating on job-search techniques such as networking that will land you real job leads.
A recent story in Fortune tells the story of Rob, a sales professional who lost his job, but focused on networking to uncover job prospects. While it took seven — yes, seven — interviews, he landed the new job. Read the full story.
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
Other topical resources for job-seekers:
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials