Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|Career and Job-Hunting Blog Index|
|February 11, 2008|
The number one workplace goal that professionals are seeking in 2008 is achieving a healthy work/life balance.
In response to the question, “what is the most important workplace goal you would like to achieve in 2008,” more than 5,000 visitors to Beyond.com, one of our corporate partners, responded:
- 57 percent want to achieve a healthy work/life balance
- 18 percent want to obtain further education
- 16 percent want to get/stay organized
- 10 percent want to improve workplace relationships
Such an overwhelming response is not unusual — except for all the so-called experts who say there is no such thing as work-life balance… that it’s all just about managing your time.
For those of you who ARE seeking to achieve a healthier balance, please consider reviewing our 10 Tips for Getting Your Work/Life in Balance.
And if you work way too much even when others around you ask you to slow down, consider reading this article: Are You — or Someone You Know — a Workaholic?
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
Other topical resources for job-seekers:
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials