Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|Career and Job-Hunting Blog Index|
|June 1, 2008|
More workers keep in touch with their employer while on vacation.
A quarter of all respondents to an online survey said that they will keep in touch with their employer while on vacation this year — up from 20 percent last year.
Other interesting tidbits from the survey:
- 15 percent said they gave up vacation days last year because they did not have time to use them.
- 12 percent reported feeling guilty when they are on vacation
- 6 percent stated that they worried that taking a vacation could result in losing their jobs.
The annual CareerBuilder.com survey, conducted by Harris Interactive, polled nearly 7,000 workers.
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
Other topical resources for job-seekers:
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials