Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|Career and Job-Hunting Blog Index|
|May 19, 2008|
New study reveals collection of odd questions asked in the job interview.
Both job-seekers and hiring managers reported an odd collection of questions asked in job interviews, including:
- “If you could be a dog, what kind of dog would you be?”
- “What would you do if I gave you an elephant?”
These off-the-wall interview questions are designed to test a job-seeker’s ability to think quickly and related seemingly non-business related questions to the job at hand.
Read more in our article: Don’t Get Stumped by Off-the-Wall Job Interview Questions.
Want to test your ability to answer these questions — and see sample excellent sample responses? Go to: Job-Seeker Interview Database: Off-the-Wall/Wild Card Interview Practice Questions.
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
Other topical resources for job-seekers:
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials