Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|Career and Job-Hunting Blog Index|
|January 26, 2008|
Jobless claims fall for the fourth straight week in the U.S., even as more companies announce layoffs.
The Department of Labor announced that the number of workers filling claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell by 1,000 last week, leading some experts to predict that the labor market is holding up fairly well in the midst of a turbulent stock market and weakening economy.
While the unemployment numbers offered at least some hope, the announcement came while both Morgan Stanley and Lehman Brothers were stating that they were cutting 1,000 and 1,300 jobs, respectively.
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials