Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|Career and Job-Hunting Blog Index|
|November 5, 2008|
It’s been a historical week for the U.S., and all the more reason to keep at your job-search.
This year’s inaugural Job Action Day was a huge success — and we expect it to be even bigger and better next year!
But don’t let the momentum stop! If you heeded the advice and took action on your career this past Monday, make a point to keep at it until you find a new job that is right for you — or until you further secure your current job.
With that advice in mind, here are some suggestions for both job-seekers and workers.
- Make a new network contact daily
- Update your resume and interviewing skills
- Follow-up on all job leads you uncover
- Research potential employers whose culture fits yours
- Look into additional training, education, or certifications
- Apply for job listings directly from company career centers
- Meet with your boss informally to discuss your accomplishments
- Seek out new opportunities to make a name for yourself
- Learn a new skill or position to make yourself more indispensable
- Find a mentor and/or talk to your mentor about the future
- Show your loyalty to the organization (even if you are not)
- Build your brand externally so you are better known in your industry/profession
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
Other topical resources for job-seekers:
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials