Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|Career and Job-Hunting Blog Index|
|February 6, 2008|
It’s not just a weak job market in the U.S. as data reveals that 365,000 fewer people were running their own business last quarter, as compared to the same period in 2006.
Besides the large drop in the number of people running their own business, it was also reported that the number of hours worked by the self-employed fell at a 15.5 percent annual pace in the last quarter — the biggest decline in 15 years.
It’s clear from these last two piece of news — the first decline in jobs in five years and a massive drop in people running their own businesses — that it’s more important than ever to stay focused on your job and career.
The data comes from Labor Department research that was supplied to Bloomberg News.
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
Other topical resources for job-seekers:
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials