Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|Career and Job-Hunting Blog Index|
|February 18, 2008|
It’s still too early to tell, but college grads should still be able to find jobs come May.
While employers remain somewhat uncertain about the employment outlook in general, they plan to make 7 percent more positions available than last year for new college graduates.
This information is a bit tainted, perhaps, because it comes from an annual study by the Collegiate Employment Institute at Michigan State University, and the timing of when employers were asked the question in terms of the economy is at least in question.
Still, with the vision of many baby boomers retiring or recareering, employers are definitely looking toward new college grads to rebuild their workforce.
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
Other topical resources for job-seekers:
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials