Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|Career and Job-Hunting Blog Index|
|April 1, 2008|
Unfortunately, it’s no joke: More than 200,000 banking jobs may be cut over the next year or two as mortgage crisis weakens entire industry.
In an announcement Tuesday, financial research firm Celent said the cuts will occur as a result of a trickle down effect of the subprime mortgage crisis.
Whether your company, industry, or profession is affected by the economic downturn directly or not, now is the time for workers to actively protect jobs while cautiously looking for new ones. Now is the time to again review the strategies published in this article published on Quintessential Careers: Seven Strategies to Recession-Proof Your Career: Build Your Future Regardless of Health of the Economy.
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials