Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|November 20, 2006|
The 10th anniversary of QuintCareers.com brings many new career and job-search features.
Here’s some of the most important elements we have added for you:
A new section on career storytelling with new articles, including
- an excerpt from the forthcoming book, Tell Me About Yourself: Storytelling that Propels Careers
- three articles by Joe Turner on using stories to prepare for behavioral interviews: At the Job Interview, Don’t Answer Questions — Tell Stories Instead, If You Can’t Answer These 5 Interview Questions, You Won’t Be Hired, and Behavioral Interviews: A Great Showcase for You, But You Must Prepare Now
- additional resources
A new section on Personal Branding & Career Self-Marketing Tools with new articles, a new quiz, and a new tutorial.
Several new Career and Job-Related Tutorials:
- Career Passion Tutorial
- Career Branding Tutorial
- Career Success After College Tutorial
- Rebounding from a Layoff Tutorial
- Internships Tutorial
- Career Fairs Tutorial
|November 13, 2006|
Job-seekers become memorable and trustworthy to prospective employers when they tell stories.
According to the forthcoming book, Tell Me About Yourself: Storytelling that Propels Careers, which was developed to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the founding of Quintessential Careers, stories paint vivid pictures and help a job-seeker to stand out, as well as explain key life/career decisions, choices, and changes. Stories told in resumes, cover letters, career portfolios, job interviews, and personal-branding campaigns help portray job-seekers as strong communicators and illustrate skills, accomplishments, values, characteristics, qualifications, expertise, and strengths.
“Through telling stories, job-seekers can establish identity, reveal personality, enhance self-knowledge, and build confidence,” explains Katharine Hansen, creative director of Quintessential Careers and lecturer of management at Stetson University.
|November 3, 2006|
Quintessential Careers gathers three proclamations in honor of the site’s 10 years.
Three proclamations were presented to Quintessential Careers and QuintCareers.com today in recognition of its value and service to job-seekers over the 10 years of its existence. The City of DeLand, the County of Volusia, and Stetson University all honored Quintessential Careers by naming November 3, 2006 as Quintessential Careers Day!
|November 1, 2006|
It is officially QuintCareers.com’s 10th anniversary, and we’re making the site even better for you.
We’re pleased to announce that we now have more than 3,100 pages of free job, career, and education-related content. We’ve greatly increased the number of job-seeker tutorials, with one on just about every key aspect of job-hunting. Check out all our free career and job-search tutorials.
In November, we’ll be adding two hot new sections to the site: personal branding tools and career storytelling tools.
And, of course, for our visitors in the state of Florida, for the next few weeks, we will be on a tour of colleges around the state. Read more.
And thanks, so much, for visiting and making Quintessential Careers one of the best career sites on the Web!!!
|The Career and Job-Hunting Blog|
Career Blog Previous Issues:
- October 2006
- September 2006
- August 2006
- July 2006
- June 2006
- May 2006
- April 2006
- March 2006
- February 2006
- January 2006
- December 2005
- November 2005
- October 2005
- September 2005
- August 2005
- July 2005
- June 2005
- May 2005
- April 2005
- March 2005
- February 2005
- January 2005
- December 2004
- November 2004
- October 2004
- September 2004
- August 2004
- July 2004
- June 2004
- May 2004
- April 2004
- March 2004
- February 2004
- January 2004
|Other Career/Job-Hunting Blogs|
- Quintessential Resume & Cover Letter Tips, a blog from our sister site, with new resume and cover letter tips daily. A must-see for any active job-seeker.
- Job Stuff, A Blog for Your Career, from Stephen Harris. Stephen’s blog is a great resource for those job-seekers who find yourselves in transition, searching for guidance and reassurance.
- The Occupational Adventure Blog, from Curt Rosengren, a Passion Catalyst. Curt’s blog is great for finding encouraging ideas (and resources) for moving forward with your career… a career that lights your fire.
- Blue Sky Resumes Blog, from career expert Louise Fletcher, a general career and job-search blog that covers all aspects of the job-hunt.
- Career Transition Discussion, a blog that deals with the issue of mid-career change… for job-seekers 40+.
- LifeWork Design — a conversation about topics related to career counseling and coaching.
And for our entire list of favorites, go here: Career-Related Blogs for Job-Seekers.
|Quintesse tial Career and Job Resources|