Career and Job-Hunting Blog
Career and job-search news, trends, and scoops for job-seekers, compiled by the staff of Quintessential Careers.
|November 22, 2004|
The latest issue of QuintZine, our career development and job-search e-zine is all about networking, with three great articles that will strengthen and broaden your understanding and use of networking.
Career networking — building relationships with people — is an essential tool of all successful job-seekers.
|November 20, 2004|
The latest issue of Dr. Randall Hansen’s Career Doctor advice column is now published.
Check out this issue, which covers answers to these issues:
- Providing key information about the power of networking
- Handling yourself at the company holiday party
- Outlining strategies for creating effective resumes
- Moving beyond getting fired after six months on job
Go to The Career Doctor Column.
|November 16, 2004|
Good news for college seniors planning to enter the job market: according to a recent study, graduating seniors should see more job opportunities this year.
Not only is college hiring expected to increase 13 percent from last year, according to a new study from the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), but seven out of ten said employers said they expected to increase salary offers to new college grads.
|November 8, 2004|
The latest issue of QuintZine, our career and job-search e-zine, is now available.
And while this issue focuses on college issues, it also includes the Career Doctor column and our latest additions features for job-seekers.
Plus, this issue is marking the 8th anniversary of Quintessential Careers! Way back in November 1996, Quintessential Careers began as a modest career site. Today it is one of the largest and most comprehensive career development sites on the Web!
|November 6, 2004|
Finally… some good job news!
The U.S. Department of Labor reported a surprisingly strong leap in new job creation, reporting that 337,000 jobs were added to payrolls last month — twice the 169,000 job growth that economists forecast — and the strongest job creation in seven months (since March when 353,000 jobs were created).
And while the unemployment rate actually increased from 5.4 percent to 5.5 percent, most economists saw the increase as a good sign — that more people had rejoined the labor market in search for employment.
Don’t forget to check for jobs on our job board.
|November 1, 2004|
What are the top business schools for people considering an MBA?
According to the latest Business Week rankings, the top 15 MBA programs of 2004 are:
- Carnegie Mellon
Get the scoop on these programs and the rankings from BusinessWeek Online.
And for more general information on the value of the MBA and other key resources, go to this section of Quintessential Careers: MBA Degree Resources for Those Considering an MBA.
|The Career and Job-Hunting Blog|
Career Blog Current Issue:
Career Blog Previous Issues:
- October 2004
- September 2004
- August 2004
- July 2004
- June 2004
- May 2004
- April 2004
- March 2004
- February 2004
- January 2004
|Other Career/Job-Hunting Blogs|
- Job Stuff, A Blog for Your Career, from Stephen Harris. Stephen’s blog is a great resource for those job-seekers who find yourselves in transition, searching for guidance and reassurance.
- The Occupational Adventure Blog, from Curt Rosengren, a Passion Catalyst. Curt’s blog is great for finding encouraging ideas (and resources) for moving forward with your career… a career that lights your fire.
- TrueCareers Career Blog, from the career and job site dedicated to professional and college-educated job-seekers… where they say you get the real scoop on how to get the job you want faster — with insider tips and more.
|Quintessential Career and Job Resources|
Other topical resources for job-seekers:
- QuintZine: A Career and Job-Hunting Newsletter
- Q-Tips: Quick and Quintessential Career & Job Tips
- Q&A with Career & College Experts
- The Career Doctor Career Advice Column
- College, Career, and Job-Related Articles
- Career and Job-Related Tutorials