Here are the key elements that should be included in the Company Specifics section of your business plan:
- Company Name: states the legal name of the business
- Ownership Type: sole proprietorship, partnership, private corporation
- Key Executives: lists names, titles, and short bios of top management (with their resumes in the appendix)
- Unique Attributes: describes how this business is going to be different than similar firms. (See also the SWOT Analysis discussion in the next section to help write this part of your plan.)
- Business Mission Statement: showcases the purpose and underlying focus of the business
- Goals and Objectives: highlights both short-term (under 1 year) and longer-term (3-5 year) goals — production, sales, profitability, etc.
Have you checked out the rest of the great Entrepreneur & Entrepreneurial Resources offered on Quintessential Careers?
Have you checked out the rest of the great free career and job-related tutorials offered on Quintessential Careers?
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.