Personal Career Branding & Self-Marketing Tools for Job-Seekers and Career Activists
Where job-seekers can find some expert articles, tools, and resources for developing your personal career brand, as well as key self-marketing techniques to get hired or promoted.
Quintessential Careers Career Branding & Marketing Articles & Resources:
Are you still using Monster or CareerBuilder to post your resume or search for jobs? Are you wasting countless hours each day searching for jobs online — with minimal or no results for all your efforts? Are you searching for a better way to find a new job or career?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, this article will provide you with the tools to proactively take control of your job-search while using the Web to build your career brand.
What is it that all successful companies have mastered — and what job-seekers looking to advance in their careers need to master? What is it about Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Starbucks, Disney, and McDonald’s? What makes a consumer buy one product over another — and makes one job-seeker much more sought after than others? The answer is marketing, but more specifically it is the power of branding. And branding isn’t just for products anymore.
Do you know your personal career brand image? Do you have a strong sense of your professional brand message? What’s your brand story? If you are looking to advance your career (whether through a new job or a promotion), these are questions you must be able to answer. Your personal career brand image — your reputation/image and the value that others perceive you possess in your role in the workforce — is something you can develop, shape, and control.
Other Quintessential Career Marketing Resources:
- Career Portfolio Tools and Resources for Job-Seekers. One of the best ways to build and promote your brand is by creating both a traditional job-search portfolio, as well as an online version. Find the tools you need in this section of Quintessential Careers.
Career and Personal Branding Books:
- Career Branding, Personal Branding, and Career Storytelling Books for Job-Seekers and Entrepreneurs. The Quintessential Careers team has personally selected the best career branding books to help propel your career.
Career and Personal Branding Websites:
- The Brand Called You. An article by business guru Tom Peters, published on FastCompany.com.
- Me Incorporated: Your Own Magnetic Brand. A nice overview of personal branding by Randall Frost on BrandChannel.com.
- Reach Communications Consultancy. A personal branding and performance coaching site that includes an innovative assessment, the 360° Reach Assessment, which helps you get the real story about how you are perceived by those around you.
- ResumeBucket.com — a great personal branding site where job-seekers can upload up to 20 versions of your resume, which are then converted to Web pages, so that they are available online (each with a unique URL) 24/7 from anywhere in the world — fully searchable (unless you want to keep it private) and edited with or without HTML tags. The site also includes a quick job-search feature using Indeed.com. No cost to job-seekers.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.