The Best Other Career Resources Sites for Job-Seekers
For finding the best career information and tools for your job-search and career development — in addition to the plethora we offer at Quintessential Careers.
We feel the career sites found on these pages are the best “all-around” career sites; the best place for job-seekers to find general career information and resources. But, please don’t forget that there are many other excellent “subject-specific” career sites — and to find those, simply go to that section of Quintessential Careers.
You can find all those sections in our Career Resources Toolkit — or use the pull-down menu below.
Displaying Career Tool Sites 1-10
- AboutMyJob.Com — this site is all about building a collection of stories from people talking about their jobs and careers. Job-seekers can choose from a growing collection of job titles and read first-hand accounts of people who are working — or have worked — in a particular job. Ranges from corrections officer to teacher to telemarketer. Free.
- CareerBliss — an online career community and resource dedicated to helping job-seekers find joy and success at every step in your career, by helping you discover the hidden influences that drive your work happiness and offering the tools to help you unlock your bliss potential. No cost to job-seekers.
- Career Guide to Industries — provides information on available careers by industry, including the nature of the industry, working conditions, employment, occupations in the industry, training and advancement, earnings and benefits, employment outlook, and lists of organizations that can provide additional information. From the U.S. Department of Labor. Free to job-seekers.
- Careerjournal.com — a fantastic resource that not only allows job-seekers to search for job opportunities, but also has a wonderful collection of articles and resources that job-seekers will find most useful. From The Wall Street Journal.
- CareerOneStop — a career site sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration that offers a vast array of resources and workforce information to job seekers, students, businesses, and workforce professionals to foster talent development in a global economy. Job-seekers can easily be connected to employment and training opportunities available at local One-Stop Career Centers. No cost.
- Career Profiles — a site whose mission is to assist aspiring career professionals, job-seekers, and students make better, more informed career choices by providing them with highly relevant, reliable, and up-to-date career information and job-search resources. No cost to job-seekers.
- CAREEREALISM — one of our favorite other career sites, CAREEREALISM is a career advice and job-search online magazine founded on the belief that “every job is temporary,” with a mission to help people solve their career and job search problems. No cost to job-seekers.
- Career Resources Homepage — a clearinghouse of employment-related information available on the Internet, including job sites; job databases; resume databases; professional organizations; career services offices; and much more. A great resource that has an extra special placing because its roots are in academia, just as with Quintessential Careers. Free to job-seekers.
- Career Site Advisor — a site dedicated to indexing and organizing all career and job sites on the Web containing open jobs — and help job-seekers identify sites that carry relevant positions for your job search. Also includes a strong collection of useful job-search ad career advice. No cost to job-seekers.
- Career-Success-for-Newbies.com — a career resource site specifically created to provide inexperienced job-seekers pursuing career success with practical tips, tools and advice for a successful career, work, and life. Topics include: goal-setting, time management, anger, leadership, motivation, self-esteem, and more. No cost to job-seekers.
Previous Career Tools Sites Page:: Next Career Tools Site Page
Enhance your career! Take advantage of all of our expert free career development advice, tools, and resources — including career assessments and career exploration — in our Career Resources Toolkit for Job-Seekers.
Maximize your career and job-search knowledge and skills! Take advantage of The Quintessential Careers Content Index, which enables site visitors to locate articles, tutorials, quizzes, and worksheets in 35 career, college, job-search topic areas.