ica” color=”black” size=”-1″>
- Don’t forget to take advantage of the career services office at your college — they typically have leads to numerous internship opportunities.
- Do be sure you have a dynamic cover letter, a superior resume, and polished interviewing techniques.
- Do send thank you letters to all people who interview you — and all the people who help you find an internship.
- Don’t ever give up in your internship quest. And do exhaust all possible internship leads.
- Do enjoy your internship — even when you are doing the inevitable grunt work many interns do as part of “paying your dues.”
- Don’t burn any bridges — even if your internship was not the best.
- Do keep in touch with key coworkers from your internships — and do cultivate them to become part of your network.